Blackberry Mojito Cobbler
Tart blackberries in a mint lime syrup and baked with a sugar cookie topping make for a sweet send off to summer
coconut lime cookie topping
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter , room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (or vanilla extract)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 quarts fresh blackberries (equal to 4 pints or 8 cups) (if using frozen fruit simply bake slightly longer)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint , chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit
Mix flour, baking powder, salt and lime zest in a small bowl and set aside.
Beat butter and sugar until well blended. Beat in egg and extract. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate while preparing the fruit.
Prepare fruit filling by combining cornstarch and sugar in a large bowl. Add fruit, top with lime juice and mint, then stir to coat.
Place prepared fruit filling in a 8x13 glass baking dish and cover with cookie dough topping.
bake on a baking sheet until golden brown, 45 to 55 minutes.
Let cool slightly before serving. Top as desired. Ice cream, whipped cream or greek yogurt are all excellent choices.