Moist, flavorful, easy to make this Banana Bread Loaf is super versatile.
With a few ingredients and simple pantry staples you can have a moist, delicious snack or dessert any day of the week! .
A family favorite recipe
After all the baking of the holidays the last thing I wanted to do was bake more sweets, but sometimes necessity wins out.
My kids are home all day for winter break and all they want to do is eat and argue. As much as they argue there is one thing that they all agree on, banana bread. I have been making this same recipe for years. The kids love how delicious it is and I love the simplicity and versatility.
How to Make Simple Banana Bread
Ripe bananas are a must for banana bread. Too green and you just won’t have the same sweetness or moist texture.
Substitute banana for the equal amount of pumpkin puree, sweet potato puree, applesauce, yogurt or sour cream. Mix in chopped fruit, chocolate, nuts, or citrus zest. Customize it to fit what you have on hand and whatever you’re in the mood for
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 3 whole ripe bananas (about 1 cup mashed)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan and dust lightly with flour.
- Cream the sugar and butter in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. Add banana mixture to creamed mixture and stir until just combined.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt (or add dry ingredients to the top of creamed banana mixture and stir dry together before mixing into wet ingredients). Mix until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Loosen edges with butter knife and invert to remove from bread pan.