There are many many different recipe variations for homemade play dough and I have tried almost all of them but this is by far my favorite. It smells delicious, keeps forever at room temperature and makes the most beautiful pastel hues that won’t bleed color on your hands. It has been my staple play dough recipe for over 10 years.
For an easy homemade gift for any kids on your list make up a few large batches of dough and peruse the kitchen goods aisle or antique store for some unexpected dough toys. Pack up a rainbow of dough in little containers and gift it in a fun box like this one from Sugar Paper LA for Target or a small vintage suitcase or even an old lunch box.
I like these small glass canning jars from Bormiolo Rocco. Add a ribbon and a few toys and it’s a super easy and cute gift.
Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000231 EndHTML:000003526 StartFragment:000002895 EndFragment:000003488 StartSelection:000002895 EndSelection:000003488 SourceURL:http://18.104.22.168/~onearme4/wp-admin/post.php?post=30&action=edit
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fine salt
- 1 Tablespoon cream of tarter
- 1 package Kool Aid
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- Combine dry ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine.
- Add water and oil and stir continuously until it clumps up in a big lump in middle of pan.
- Turn out on counter and knead a few times.
- Keep at room temperature either in plastic bag or container.