Toast up some crusty bread and add a generous helping of parmesan cheese for a delicious easy meal. Make a big batch and eat it for a few days. The flavors only get better the 2nd day (and 3rd, and 4th).
1 pound sweet Italian sausage (ground or in casing, cut in rounds), 1 sliced onion, 3 cloves chopped garlic, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, 1 bunch kale (12 ounces or about 3 cups chopped) stalks removed and torn into bite size pieces, 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans (lima beans or the smaller cannellini beans can be used), 1 box (4 cups) organic unsalted chicken stock (or bone broth), salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground sweet Italian sausage
- 1 large onion , sliced
- 3 garlic cloves , chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch kale (12 ounces or about 3 cups chopped) stalks removed and torn into bite size pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- 1 box (4 cups) organic unsalted chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot over medium high heat brown Italian sausage.
- Add onions. Once soft add red pepper flakes, garlic and kale.
- When kale is beginning to wilt add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add white beans and simmer until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, ladle into bowls and serve topped with parmesan cheese.