- 5 1/2 cups all purpose flour plus more for rolling
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 teasp salt
- 2 cups unsalted 'sweet cream' butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened (half a package)
- 1/4 pint fresh raspberries rinsed and dried (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Into a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at time, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time until incorporated.
- Divide the dough in four pieces and wrap each ball in a piece of plastic wrap. Press down to form a disk.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes before rolling. The dough can be refrigerated up to 7 days tightly wrapped, or pop it in a freezer bag and freeze for later.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured flat work surface to about ¼-inch thickness, using additional flour as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Use cookie cutters to create desired shapes, and carefully transfer with a cookie spatula to a baking sheet, placing the cookies about ¾ inch apart.
- Bake one sheet at a time in the middle of the oven until puffy but not visibly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to rest for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the gathered scraps and remaining disk until all the dough has been used.
- Whip the cream cheese and raspberries until combined.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Store refrigerated in airtight container until ready to use.