This post has been sponsored Dannon®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
It’s so easy to churn up your own frozen yogurt and set out a variety of toppings, why not skip the frozen yogurt shop and make your own Frozen Yogurt Bar At Home!
Kick off the summer season with good friends and icy treats in the comfort of your own home.
This rich, creamy frozen yogurt feels like an indulgence, but with only high quality Dannon® Oikos® it’s really a cup full of authentic style greek nonfat yogurt packed with vitamin D, calcium and protein.
With nature as the backdrop, only minimal decorations and a self serve food station, this party was a breeze to throw together. Plus, making frozen yogurt at home is surprisingly so easy!
I stopped by the dairy aisle of my local Walmart and picked up several 5.3 ounce single serving Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurts. Placed in a the frozen bowl of an ice cream churner, it takes only minutes to transform greek yogurt into luscious, creamy frozen yogurt – without any additional ingredients!
The key to homemade ice cream and frozen yogurt is to make sure all ingredients and utensils are as cold as possible before churning. Keep the churner bowl in the coldest part of your freezer and use adequately chilled yogurt. After it sets up you can eat immediately like soft serve, or transfer to a freezer safe container to freeze while you churn more. Freezing will harden the yogurt more like ice cream and make scooping easier and less messy. Frozen yogurt will set more quickly in the freezer if transferred to shallow containers.
To give multiple options and let guests mix it up, like a frozen yogurt shop, I made different flavors. Black Cherry, Mixed Berry, and Vanilla were delicious on their own but perfect together!
Place the frozen yogurt next to a tray of toppings with serving spoons and scoops. Add some ice cream cups, napkins and spoons and the scene is set.
Include all flavors and textures – sweet, salty, crunchy, chewy – when choosing toppings.
- fresh fruit
- sliced strawberries, whole raspberries, whole blueberries, diced mango, etc.
- dried fruit
- chopped figs, cranberries, apricots, etc.
Nuts & Seeds
- toasted coconut
- whole almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.
- pumpkin seeds
- chopped candy bars and little candy coated chocolate pieces
- raw chocolate chip cookie dough pieces
- gummy worms
- chocolate chips
- whipped cream
- chopped pretzel pieces
- chocolate and caramel sauce
- fresh fruit purees
With a variety of simple, delicious toppings the flavor options are endless and the self serve frozen yogurt station is entertainment in itself.
Once guests arrive all you have to do is turn on music and enjoy the company.
It’s fun to try new combinations and see what everyone else comes up with!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
- Choose greek yogurt over regular yogurt for creamy texture, tangy flavor and an extra boost of nutrition.
- Make your own frozen yogurt by throwing greek yogurt into an ice cream maker.
- Ensure all ingredients and tools are ice cold for the quickest churn.
- Include a variety of flavors and textures when choosing toppings.
- Wash and save single serve yogurt containers to use as fro yo cups at the party.
- Place frozen yogurt containers in a large tray of ice to stay cold while serving.
- Keep the party simple with just a few decorations, a self serve food station and music.
How do you simply enjoy Summer? What fun things do you do with your friends?