Skip the frozen yogurt bar with your own At Home Frozen Yogurt Bar complete with home churned frozen yogurt and a variety of toppings!
Kick off the summer season with good friends and icy treats in the comfort of your own home.
This post has been sponsored Dannon®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
An easy at home celebration
This celebration is a breeze to throw together! With nature as the backdrop, minimal decorations, a self serve food station and easy to make at home frozen yogurt. The flavor options are endless! And the self-serve frozen yogurt station is entertainment in itself.
1. Make nutritious homemade frozen yogurt
Rich, creamy frozen yogurt feels like an indulgence, but isn’t!
Placed in a the frozen bowl of an ice cream churner, it takes only minutes to transform Greek yogurt into luscious, creamy frozen yogurt – without any additional ingredients. It’s simply Greek yogurt! Packed with vitamin D, calcium and protein.
The key is to choose greek yogurt over regular yogurt for creamy texture, tangy flavor and an extra boost of nutrition. Then ensure all ingredients and utensils are as cold as possible before churning. Keep the churner bowl in the coldest part of your freezer and adequately chill the yogurt.
Although the frozen yogurt can be immediately eaten after churning it will be more like frozen yogurt and less like soft serve if you instead harden it in the freezer. Transfer to shallow freezer containers to freeze up as fast as possible.
To give multiple options and let guests mix it up, like a frozen yogurt shop, I made different flavors. Black Cherry, Mixed Berry, and Vanilla were delicious on their own but perfect together!
Place frozen yogurt containers in a large tray of ice to stay cold while serving.
2. Fro-yo toppings
Include a tray of toppings with serving spoons and scoops.
When choosing toppings include all flavors and textures. Sweet, salty, crunchy, and chewy:
- Fresh fruit – sliced strawberries, whole raspberries, whole blueberries, diced mango, etc.
- Dried fruit – chopped figs, cranberries, apricots, etc.
- Nuts and seeds – toasted coconut, whole almonds, pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, pistachios
- Sweets – chopped candy bars and little candy coated chocolate pieces, raw chocolate chip cookie dough pieces, gummy worms, chocolate chips
- Extras – whipped cream, sprinkles, chopped pretzel pieces, chocolate and caramel sauce, fresh fruit purees
3. Set the scene
Ice cream cups, napkins and spoons set the scene. Either use small reusable cups. Or wash and save single serve yogurt containers to use as fro yo cups. Then recycle or discard afterwards for quick cleanup.
Once guests arrive all you have to do is turn on music and enjoy the company.
It’s fun to try new combinations and see what everyone else comes up with!
- 3 cups Greek yogurt sweetened and flavored, or unflavored
- Chill ice cream maker insert until fully frozen, at least 24 hours in advance. Also chill any attachments and the shallow freezer container the yogurt will be stored in.
- Following ice cream maker instructions, churn Greek yogurt until smooth and the consistency of soft serve. Immediately transfer to chilled freezer containers using shallow containers to speed up freezer time.
Shop this post
Please note: ONE armed MAMA is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and these customized links, provided by Amazon, track the referrals to their website for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Pin this post for later!