This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SeeHowFreshWorks #CollectiveBias
Red, White, and Blue Berry Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing is the perfect light, refreshing summer salad to bring to parties, picnics and potlucks.
Prepped ahead and stored in individual Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™ produce containers, this salad can be combined right before serving for the freshest taste no matter where you are – party, picnic, beach, campground or backyard!
I love parties, but there’s something especially fun about potlucks. They’re like the original food blogs- a way for people to showcase their cooking talents, share food with loved ones and trade tricks and recipes. As early as I can remember, I was fascinated by tables and tables of various dishes all made with love by people I know. I was an excited little girl filling up plate after plate with little tastes of everything. Some were delicious and some were fun just for the adventure of it – cheddar cheese jello salad anyone?
Eating little bits of different foods is still my idea of the best day ever, which is why the hubs and I usually date night by happy hour hopping eating as many small bites but by know I understand which foods are great and which ones to skip.
We’ve all seen those sad dishes on the potluck table that stay full long after people are done eating and the ones that are the first to go.
This Red, White, and Blue Berry Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing is full of crisp romaine lettuce and fresh berries topped with a creamy, bright, garlicky lemon dressing and crunchy almonds. With all the flavors needed to be delicious but simple enough to not be scary, it’s always one of the first to go.
Guests love it because of the flavor and I love it because I can make everything ahead of time. Using Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™ produce containers, ingredients stay fresh and delicious until ready to pack to the party.
Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™Patented FreshVent™ Technology keeps produce fresher longer by allowing excess CO2 to escape, delaying produce spoilage while allowing additional O2 in, creating the optimal environment to maintain fresh produce. The Crisp Tray™ elevates produce away from moisture and promotes proper airflow to help prevent spoilage. Learn about Freshworks and get more fresh inspiration from Rubbermaid here.
You can find Rubbermaid® FreshWorks™ produce containers in the housewares department of your local Fred Meyer store.
For a limited time Get $2 Off FreshWorks Now (offer valid while supplies last)
Once ready, simply pack ingredients from fridge to party without any worry of spillage. My kids know that I am always yelling in the car for them to ‘check the food’ and ‘make sure there’s no spilling’, but with these containers I have no reason to worry.
At the party, unpack and your (fresh!) dish is done in minutes.
This post was created in partnership with Rubbermaid Freshworks. Thanks for supporting the brands that support me!
What are some of your favorite dishes to bring to parties and potlucks? Comment below and let me know what your star players are!
- 1 head romaine lettuce washed, dried and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 pint blueberries washed
- 1 quart strawberries washed and stemmed
- 1/4 cup raw almonds chopped
Creamy Lemon Dressing
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest from 2 small lemons
- 1/4 cup lemon juice from 2 small lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayo olive oil mayonnaise preferred
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Prep lettuce, berries and almonds and store seperately.
- Make creamy lemon dressing.
- When ready to serve, place lettuce in a large bowl or serving platter, top with blueberries and strawberries. Drizzle lemon dressing and toss to coat. Top with almonds.
Creamy Lemon Dressing
- Place chopped garlic, lemon zest, sugar and salt in a medium lidded jar.
- Add lemon juice and vinegar. Stir until salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Add mayonnaise and stir to combine.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil until thick.
- Store refrigerated until ready to serve.