This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
Creamy Chile Verde Chicken Enchiladas packed with the bold flavor of jalapeno, cilantro and tomatillo are a BIG hit for any crowd.
With only 3 ingredients this semi homemade creamy verde enchilada sauce is as flavor packed and delicious as fully homemade but can be stirred up in just a few seconds using 24 oz. Pace® Salsa Verde from Walmart.
I love the flavor combination of tart tomatillos, spicy jalapenos and bright cilantro. If you ask me, verde sauce is a kitchen staple. An easy marinade for pork or chicken, a base for soups and stews, a flavorful dip for chips, a finishing sauce for grilled meat or my favorite slow cooked chile verde pork.
Big, Bold Flavor FAST
I often make my own sauce, but lately I have had way more projects and responsibilities than time. My family is busy with school, sports and work but we still need delicious home cooked meals and I’m always looking for hacks to get big flavor FAST. Using great quality store bought ingredients in place of homemade, like I did with this Sesame Chicken Salad, is one of my best secrets for flavorful, FAST, home cooked meals.
Perfect Make Ahead Meal for a Crowd
During football season we often host friends to watch the game. When everyone arrives all I want to do is hang out and enjoy the company so it’s essential to have a good meal that can be made ahead of time. Enchiladas are perfect because I can prepare a few pans ahead of time, pop them in the oven at the start of the game and they’re hot and ready at halftime.
The boys and I were doing some last minute school supply shopping at Walmart when I remembered that we were having friends over to watch the game. We made a quick stop by the Mexican aisle to pick up 24 oz. Pace® Picante Sauce and 24 oz. Pace® Salsa Verde.
Pace® is beyond just dipping. It always takes my food to a whole new level with a genuine kick of southwest flavor in anything from snacks to meals so I knew that Pace® would ban the bland by adding a bold fast flavor to my enchiladas. An easy win for this game day party!
Ready to shop for delicious Pace® products? Hover over the photo to click through to Walmart.com and purchase them!
With only a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of prep, you too can have a big dinner win, whether at your next party or just your next quick weeknight meal!
Simply make a quick creamy enchilada sauce with Pace® Salsa Verde, sour cream and green enchilada sauce then mix it with shredded chicken.
Roll in tortillas, top with more sauce and cheese then bake until bubbly.
Creamy Verde Chicken Enchiladas
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast halves about 4
- 2/3 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 sprig fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup Pace® Salsa Verde
- 1 10 ounce can verde enchilada sauce equal to 1 1/4 cup
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves only
- 1/4 cup scallions sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
In a large skillet combine chicken, broth, and oregeno. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered until chicken is no longer pink, about 15 minutes. Drain, them using 2 forks shred into bite sized pieces.
For filling, combine shredded chicken, 2 tablespoons green onion, 2 cups cheese and 2 tablespoons cilantro.
For sauce, combine sour cream, Pace® Salsa Verde and verde enchilada sauce.
Stir 3/4 cup creamy verde enchilada sauce into filling, and set remaining sauce aside.
Prepare a 9x13" baking dish by lightly greasing the bottom and spreading 1/2 cup creamy verde enchilada sauce on the bottom.
Divide filling in half in the bowl, and again in thirds to visually make 6 portions. Roll up filling in tortilla and place seam side down in dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Cover enchiladas with remaining sauce and the last 2 cups of cheese.
Bake, uncovered, until hot and bubbly about 35 - 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and scallions and serve.
There are so many ways to take this easy Creamy Chile Verde Enchiladas recipe and make it your own, either with the recipe or on your plate!
- Add cooked cubed sweet potato and/or canned black beans (drained and rinsed) to the filling or use them in place of the chicken for a vegetarian option.
- Use leftover chicken or shredded rotisserie chicken to get this meal on the table even faster!
- Substitute ground or shredded beef or pork for the chicken.
- Use warmed corn tortillas instead of flour.
- Use cotija or Monterey jack or a combination of cheeses in place of the mozzarella cheese.
- Pace® comes in a variety of textures and heat levels – use mild sauce to dial the heat down or kick it up to 11 with a spicy variety!
- Serve the same Pace® flavor that you used as an ingredient as a condiment to top the finished dish. Or, set out a variety of Pace® sauces with extra toppings like sour cream, green onions, cilantro, jalapenos and hot sauce so everyone can customize their plate to fit their own tastes.
Make Game Day Saucy and Save!
This post was created in partnership with Pace® – Visit their Social Hub for more ideas to make game day saucy and for a limited time, check out an awesome Ibotta® deal on Pace® products at Walmart! Earn $0.50 cash back with Ibotta® when you purchase a jar of Pace®! (Offer is valid on any ONE (1) 15 oz. or larger Pace® Salsa or Pace® Picante Sauce.) Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
What are your tips to get family favorite meals on the table faster? Comment below to share!