This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. P.F. Chang‘s and P.F. Chang’s Home Menu® are registered trademarks owned by P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc. and are used with permission. #AuthenticMadeEasy #CollectiveBias
Serve these garlicky, sweet Sesame Soy Glazed Meatballs as a flavorful appetizer or with steamed veggies and rice for a delicious, family-friendly meal.
Packed with big, bold flavor from ginger, garlic, chili, scallions, sesame and soy this dish will become one of your frequently made favorites.
Sticky, sweet and gingery these Sesame Soy Glazed Meatballs are always quick to disappear when served as an appetizer at parties and kids love them too!
The best part is it doesn’t take much effort to mix ’em up.
Make homemade sesame-soy sauce using NEW P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu Soy Sauce then use it as a meatball flavoring, glaze and dipping sauce. NEW P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu Soy Sauce is lower sodium than regular soy so I can control the seasoning, which I love. Three different layers of lightly sweet, spicy and salty sesame-soy sauce gives these little bites a big dose of flavor.
After a quick pop in a hot oven and the delicious, flavor-packed appetizer or weeknight meal is complete.
If you don’t feel like making your own sesame-soy sauce do what I did in this Sesame Chicken Salad and simply use the NEW P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu Mongolian Sauce or any of the original Teriyaki, Kung Pao, or Sesame flavors instead. I’ve made Kung Pao and Teriyaki meatballs using the bottled sauces and it works great! Delicious authentic cuisine from a bottle. Ain’t no shame in that.
Find NEW P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu Soy Sauce with all the other delicious P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu Sauces in the Asian food aisle of your local Walmart.
Gather Sesame Soy Glazed Meatballs Ingredients
Soy sauce, sesame oil, chili-garlic sauce, brown sugar, garlic, panko bread crumbs, scallions, and sesame seeds.
Mix up the sauce, reserve half for glazing and dipping.
Mix the other half into good quality sirloin ground beef with crispy panko bread crumbs, egg and scallions. Form into about fifty 1″ or twenty 1 1/2″ meatballs with a metal scoop or wet hands.
Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet, glazing with sauce halfway through.
sesame soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup P.F. Chang’s Home Menu®Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic paste sambal olek
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cloves garlic grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
sesame soy meatballs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 medium scallions 1 sliced, 2 minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar, soy, sesame oil, chili paste, garlic, ginger and salt. set aside.
- Add 1/4 cup sesame soy sauce to ground beef in large bowl, reserve remaining.
- Mix egg, panko, and scallions to the seasoned beef. Using a small scooop or moist hands shape into roughly 50 1" meatballs for appetizers or 20 1 1/2" meatballs for a meal.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake.
- Meanwhile, stir sesame seeds into reserved sesame-soy sauce, then remove 2 tablespoons for glazing and keep the rest as a dipping sauce.
- After 15 minutes in the oven, baste the meatballs with sesame-soy glaze and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced scallion and serve with dipping sauce.
I also like to use the same method with leftover flaked salmon (or canned salmon!) instead of ground beef to make Sesame Soy Salmon Cakes.
I love how using the NEW P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu sauces from Walmart makes creating your favorite recipes simple and convenient. What are your tricks for getting real authentic flavor at home? What do you do to get meals your whole family will love on the dinner table fast? Leave me a comment and let me know! I’d love to learn from you.
This post was created in partnership with Conagra Foods. Visit their social hub for more great recipes using NEW P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu sauces. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
pin for later
P.F. Chang’s and P.F. Chang’s Home Menu® are registered trademarks owned by P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc. and are used with permission.