This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ExperienceFrontera #CollectiveBias
With wholesome dips, like Smoky Lime Guacamole, on hand you’re always prepared for guests and to add big bright flavor to your meals all week long!
Smoky Lime Guacamole with the flavors of creamy avocado, spicy jalapeno, smoky cumin and bright lime and cilantro is a delicious addition to all sorts of meals. Spread on a sandwich or wrap, mix into soup, or add to your burrito and rice bowls.
I know as a food blogger you would probably expect that I have some super ahead-of-time planned out meal schedule but the truth is, most days I just wing it. I guess you could say that I do technically meal plan.. I plan on having either guacamole or salsa (or both!) with all my meals. On eggs in the morning, spread on a sandwich or stirred into soup at lunch and slathered over whatever might be for dinner.
Add Big Bright Flavor All Week Long
I love the big bright lime flavor, the smoky cumin and the freshness of the fruit in the guacamole, pico de gallo or pineapple salsa. That’s one plan-ahead meal prep I can get behind!
Even the busiest jam-packed-schedule people can squeeze in a few minutes to make these dips. They start with the same base ingredients – only chop and clean the kitchen once and have three completely different dips.
Gather Smoky Lime Guacamole Ingredients
avocados, red onion, cilantro, lime, jalapeno, garlic, dried cumin and salt
All my salsa and pico recipes start with the same base ingredients, so I just grab whatever star ingredients look good and mix up a few at once. Of course, tomato pico de gallo is an obvious choice, but play around with other less common fruit combinations. Pineapple Pico or Mango Salsa are delicious sweet and spicy variations. You can even try mixing in some cucumber, jicama, radish, strawberries, or blackberries.
Start by adding onion, cilantro, garlic and jalapeno to all your bowls.
Then whichever main ingredients you chose. Add cumin, salt and lime and serve!
Perfect for unexpected guests, cocktail hour at home or simply to add quick flavor to your on-the-go lunches, snacks and dinners throughout the week.
- 4 medium hass avocados or 3 large
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small jalapeno chile stemmed, seaded and minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add onion, garlic, jalapeno and avocado to medium bowl.
- Mash with fork until chunky.
- Stir in cumin, lime and cilantro until just combined.
- Add salt to taste and serve!
My favorite dinners are always slow simmered, braised, fall apart tender meat paired with bold flavors and wholesome ingredients. Meals like Chile Verde Pork and Puerto Rican Pork Roast are on the top of my list but are not always feasible.
I recently noticed these NEW Frontera® Frozen Meals in the frozen entrée aisle of Fred Meyer.
I don’t normally buy frozen meals.. actually, I’m pretty sure I haven’t since I was a newly partnered-up college student playing house with my now-hubs. But I felt good about giving these freezer meals a chance because they are backed by the reputation of an Award-winning Chef utilizing time-honored cooking methods to prepare gourmet Mexican meals with expertise and passion.
- Barbacoa Taco Bowl: In this signature central Mexican dish, tender beef is roasted, then slow cooked with ancho, guajillo, and chipotle chiles.
- Tinga Taco Bowl: This authentic recipe from the highlands around Mexico City is made with seasoned, roasted tomatoes, chipotle chile, and slow-simmered chicken.
- Chicken Fajita Bowl: Made with fire-roasted poblanos and chipotle chiles, this perfectly seared, classic Mexican dish tastes great over rice.
- Veggie Taco Bowl: Fire-roasted tomatillos, peppers, corn, and more come together in a zesty green chile and cilantro sauce for a delicious veggie experience any carnivore would envy.
With Frontera Frozen Mexican Cuisine and big batches of Smoky Lime Guacamole, Pineapple Pico and Tomato Pico de Gallo ensure I have the same big homemade flavor I love available in minutes all week long.
And now you can too! Click here to save $1.00 on any ONE (1) Frontera meal. Available for a limited time. Download this awesome deal before it’s gone!
ps – are you a team avocado pit-in or avocado pit-out? I never knew the reason why people would leave the pits in the middle of a gorgeous bowl of guacamole UNTIL my fabulous Aunt Teri told me that she always leaves them in because it prevents the guacamole from browning. That’s all I needed to convert. How about you? Pit-in or out?
pin for later