Thank you Village Harvest for sponsoring this post. Every day Village Harvest is planting seeds of change and growing possibilities, one bag of goodness at a time.
With three time saving tricks this Lemon Salmon Rice Bowl is ready to eat in only 10 minutes! Wild Alaskan salmon baked fast with lemon herb compound butter. Served alongside Village Harvest Organic Lemon Rice with Tumeric. A fresh, flavorful and nutritious weeknight dinner or lunchbox meal!
Village Harvest presents the Origins Collection, featuring authentic recipes from India and Thailand, uncovered in the kitchens of home cooks and perfected on your dinner table. Ignite your appetite and discover the delicious side of dinner with Village Harvest Origins Collection. Click the image above to shop.
Quick Weeknight Dinner or Lunch
Yes, it’s true! This delicious and nutritious meal can be on the table in only ten minutes! Perfect for those weeknights when ten minutes is just all you’ve got in you. And, I mean all those other ten minute options are okay, no judgement here. BUT, if you can have this Lemon Salmon Rice Bowl with perfectly cooked salmon fillet, flavorful Village Harvest Lemon Rice with Tumeric and baby greens in the same amount of time, why in the heck wouldn’t you??
Even better, whatever you don’t eat for dinner will make a delicious cold leftover salad for your lunchbox the next day.
The secret’s not one, or two, but three time saving tricks that make getting a nutritious and delicious meal on the table in minutes a breeze.
Village Harvest Origins Collection Ready-to-Serve Rice
A big reason this meal can be on the table so quickly is the ready-to-serve Lemon Rice from Village Harvest. The NEW Village Harvest Origins Collection offers convenience without compromise, and with the Lemon Rice with Tumeric with Indian flavors ready in only 90 seconds, this salmon rice bowl gives almost instant satisfaction. The organic & non-GMO, 100% whole grain, gluten free ready-to-serve-rice packages are a smart and simple meal solution you can bring to life in seconds. And they’re not just for serving as a delicious addition to your meals at home. With the heat and serve pouch Village Harvest is a tasty and easy on-the-go-meal as well!
With five different authentic Indian and Thai flavor options all curated by chefs at the origin, there’s so much goodness to choose from! Taking it a step further, the local chef created recipes are kettle cooked in small batches using hand chopped ingredients to maintain that same authentic culinary experience and bring the delicious flavor straight to you!
The three recipes from India; Basmati & Lentil, Lemon Rice and Tikka Masala. And the two from Thailand; Coconut Turmeric and Thai Green Curry, can all be purchased in convenient six packs online.
10 Minute Lemon Salmon Rice Bowl Recipe
Wild Salmon Filet
Salmon filet roast to the perfect flaky, tender texture after only 4-6 minutes per 1/2″ of thickness. Making them another secret to getting this nutritious meal on the table in only 10 minutes.
Fresh salmon should be firm to the touch, smooth and not smell strongly at all. If you can’t find good quality fresh salmon choose frozen instead. Wild salmon that’s flash frozen right after catch, or soon after, often has better flavor and texture than what you’ll find at the seafood counter.
Topped with flavor-packed Lemon Herb Compound Butter the salmon fillet only needs just a sprinkling of salt and pepper before being popped in the screaming hot oven. Compound butters are simply softened butter mixed with whatever flavors you dream up! So easy and super versatile. They gives loads of flavor to baked and grilled meats, shellfish or veggies with only minimal effort. Steak, lamb chops or big crusty loaf of bread can all benefit from a little buttah. Especially butter with stuff in it. And since compound butter can be wrapped and frozen mix up a bunch before the craze of summer and grilling season starts to pull out whenever needed.
With fresh garlic, basil, parsley and loads of lemon zest this Lemon Herb Compound Butter is so good on salmon. But get creative with what you put in it and what you put it on. Mix it up and experiment! Roasted Tomato Rockefeller is my favorite summer compound butter concoction with roasted garlic, spinach, parsley, blue cheese and sundried tomatoes. A must have for oyster bbqs. And honey butter is basically perfection on cornbread and corn on the cob.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds wild salmon fillet cut into 4 6 ounce pieces
- 1/2 cup lemon herb compound butter
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 package Village Harvest Origins Lemon Rice with Tumeric 8.5 ounces
- 3 cups salad greens washed and dried
Lemon Herb Compound Butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened, 1 stick
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- sea salt
- cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Oil a baking sheet and place in the oven to preheat as well.
- Place salmon fillets skin side down on hot baking sheet and top with 1 tablespoon of herb butter per piece.
- Bake, skin side down, until flesh is set and still pink in the center but can easily be flaked when poked with a fork, about 7-10 minutes. It will take only about 3-5 minutes per 1/2" thickness.
- Meanwhile, heat Village Harvest Origins Lemon Rice using whichever method you prefer.
- Remove almon from oven and carefully lift salmon flesh away from the skin. Place salmon filet on a bed of mixed greens and lemon tumeric rice. Top with another dollop of compound butter and serve.
Lemon Herb Compound Butter
- Stir herbs, garlic and lemon zest and cayenne into softened butter. Add lemon juice and stir until smooth. Season with salt to taste. Serve as is or dollop onto a piece of plastic wrap or waxed paper and roll into a log. Chill until hard, and cut into coin shaped pieces as needed. Freeze for up to 3 months.
What time saving trick do you have to get fresh, flavorful nutritious meals on the table fast? Leave me a comment below and share your secrets, sister!
Cheers to easy days and simple meals!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.