The beginning of summer whirlwind is in full force. And with all the school wrap up, bridal events, graduations and holidays it can be hard to know whether to caffeinate or hide in a bowl of sugar. With these chewy Mocha Almond Chip Cookies there’s no need to choose!
Chewy, soft and full of rich coffee flavor, crunchy almonds and melty chocolate. These caffeinated cookies are as delicious as the ice cream flavor they’re inspired by.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie + Mocha Almond Fudge
When you’re craving mocha almond fudge ice cream these grab-and-go Mocha Almond Chip Cookies are a great alternative! When thinking back to my childhood all my favorite ice cream flavors had one thing in common – a rich flavorful base and chunky texture from yummy mix-ins. As a young child I was all about that Rocky Road, then my tastes evolved and Mocha Almond Fudge has been declared my favorite since about the age of 12 with Ben and Jerry’s Chunky Monkey a close second, of course.
So, it’s no surprise that this lifelong love of mine has influenced a new cookie flavor!
Mocha Almond Chip Cookies Recipe
A tried and true chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe upgraded with some simple additions. A few packets of Starbucks Via Instant Coffee add big flavor and a kick of caffeine. Plus chunky almonds up the texture factor with tons of crunch.
Just like my favorite Soft and Chewy Ginger Cookies, the secret to Mocha Almond Chip Cookies ultimate chewiness is removing them from the oven when they’re still gooey in the center. Then allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for a minute before carefully removing to a cooling rack. When cool they will be chewy and soft and perfect.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 packs Starbucks Via Instant Coffee or 2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahreinheit. In a medium bowl stir flour, baking soda, salt and 1 packet (or teaspoon) instant coffee.
- In a large bowl or electronic mixer bowl combine butter, sugar and brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until fully combined.
- Slowly add the coffee-flour mixture and mix until combined and no streaks remain. Stir in chocolate chips and almond chunks until almost incorporated, then sprinkle the final packet of coffee powder and give it a final stir so that some coffee streaks remain in the dough.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are crispy but the center is still soft. Remove and allow to cool for at least 2 minutes before transferring to racks to cool.
pin for later