This post has been sponsored by Bai®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Blueberry Grilled Chicken Quinoa Salad with torn kale, fresh blueberries and homemade Blueberry Marinade and Dressing made with Bai® Brasilia Blueberry® for a quick kick of fresh juicy flavor and antioxidants!
No need to heat the kitchen with this light and delicious summer meal. For bold flavor fast stir up a quick blueberry marinade and grill chicken and toss it together with fresh blueberries, quinoa and blueberry dressing. Great for picnics, potlucks, brunch or the lunch box!
Blueberry Marinade and Dressing
With fresh, tropical and juicy flavor this recipe uses Bai Brasilia Blueberry as a base for a delicious concoction with multiple uses! Whip up a double batch of flavorful blueberry marinade and reserve half to use later as a homemade dressing by simply whisking in additional olive oil until thickened. One fabulous blueberry concoction that adds a kick of juicy blueberry-ness in the form of both a marinade and a dressing.
This marinade and dressing method is basically my secret for easily imparting the same flavor into a dish in multiple ways! My Asian Chicken Salad uses the same method with a soy sauce and ginger mix. And I do it again with an orange and honey base in this Citrus Glazed Salmon Salad recipe. But, the secret to this Chicken Quinoa Salad is the Blueberry Marinade and Dressing! It comes together with bold juicy flavor so quickly thanks to delicious antioxidant infused Bai®.
Bai® is a flavor-packed beverage with refreshing taste, fresh ingredients and infused with antioxidants. And with only 5 calories, no artificial sweeteners and less than 1 gram of sugar per serving it’s a refreshing drink you can feel good about!
Find it at Fred Meyer (or your local Kroger banner store)
My local Fred Meyer has a variety of flavors of Bai Beverages, including Brasilia Blueberry. And they’re available to order by Clicklist! Which I LOVE. It makes it so easy to pick up all my fresh nutritious groceries without even taking my kids out of the car. Check out these other shoppable Kroger recipes HERE to find even more excuses to fill your grocery bag with Bai.
But if you’re not as completely obsessed with ordering your groceries online and having someone bring them out to you as you sit in the car as I am you don’t have to use Clicklist! Head to your local Kroger to easily find Bai® in store!
They’re all delicious but Molokai Coconut and Hula Watermelon are a few of my favorites (in addition to the Brasilia Blueberry of course). And I’ve made it even easier for you to try them! Simply click on the link in the shoppable recipe below to choose your favorite flavor. Not only is Bai a delicious beverage but it’s also a great ingredient in so many recipes.
Bomb Blueberry Grilled Chicken Quinoa Salad Recipe
Mixed with fresh mint, kale and chopped almonds this Blueberry Grilled Chicken Quinoa Salad is perfect for picnics and potlucks because there’s no heavy creamy coating. And the fresh fruit and mint it makes it totally at home at brunch, too!
Start by making the Blueberry Marinade
Mix Brasilia Blueberry Bai with grated garlic, chopped mint and a little olive oil. Pour 1/2 the mixture over chicken to marinate and reserve the other half to turn into a dressing.
Marinate chicken in Blueberry Marinade for at least 30 minutes but no longer than 3 hours to avoid too much breaking down of proteins and rubbery chicken. After the chicken is fully flavored from the marinade, grill it up and chill.
Make Blueberry Dressing
Meanwhile, whisk olive oil into the reserved blueberry marinade until completely combined to turn it into homemade Blueberry Dressing. Pour half the dressing over onions, blueberries and kale to season. Then, toss the mixture with cooked and cooled quinoa. Top with almonds, mint and sliced grilled blueberry chicken.
Quinoa salad too wet? Not a problem with this Blueberry Grilled Chicken Quinoa Salad recipe. By dressing only the vegetables the quinoa doesn’t get soggy. Only fluffy quinoa with light, fresh, and juicy flavor!
Of course, the rest of the Blueberry Dressing is served on the side for anyone who wants to drizzle a little extra over the whole shebang.
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves about four pieces
- 4.5 cups cooked quinoa or 1.5 cups uncooked
- 1 cup Brasilia Blueberry Bai
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- dash black pepper
- 1 cup kale washed, dried and chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries 1/2 pint
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint chopped and divided
- 1/2 cup almonds chopped
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1.5 cups quinoa
- 3 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Blueberry Grilled Chicken Quinoa Salad
- Make Blueberry Marinade. Combine Brasilia Blueberry Bai with vinegar, garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1/4 cup mint.
- Pour half the marinade over chicken in a storage bag or shallow pan. Marinate at least 20 minutes but no longer than 2 hours. Remove, pat dry and gril on high until charred and evenly cooked through. Remove, chill and slice.
- Meanwhile, make Blueberry Dressing. Whisk remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil into the reserved marinade until thick. Pour half over red onions, blueberries and kale in a medium bowl and toss to coat. Reserve the other half of the dressing to pass with the finished dish.
- Toss cooked quinoa with 1/2 cup mint and dressed onion/kale/blueberry mix. Serve on a large platter topped with sliced blueberry grilled chicken, almonds and remaining 1/4 cup mint.
- Serve with reserved Blueberry Dressing on the side.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat add olive oil and heat until shimmering. Add onion and garlic then quinoa. Turn to coat and cook until toasted.
- Add stock and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil and reduce to low. Simmer for 25 minutes until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and add lid. Let stand five minutes before fluffing with fork.
- To quick cool, add to a shallow baking sheet in a single layer and chill until ready to use.
- Simply mix up Blueberry Dressing and store in the fridge for up to a week to use however your little blueberry lovin heart desires.
- Swap out the chicken for steak, fish or shellfish like salmon, tuna or shrimp.
- Or serve with tofu as a vegan Blueberry Quinoa Salad.
- Toss even more fruit into your quinoa salad! Try adding mangos, segmented oranges, grapes or whatever is fresh and in season.
- Add hemp hearts, pepitas, or even toasted coconut instead of chopped almonds.
- Get creative and have fun!
This post created in partnership with Bai® – Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
Want more quick flavorful recipes using Bai®? Find them all HERE