Cranberry Apple Sorbet allows you to highlight cranberry in a new way!
A light, refreshing frozen dessert made at home without special equipment or ingredients.
Step by step instructions
- Simmer cranberries, apple cider and sugar until combined into a sweet cranberry sauce.
- Puree and strain sauce then place in a shallow freezer safe dish and place in freezer.
- When lightly slushy, after a couple hours, break up using forks and return to freezer.
- Once totally frozen, after another couple hours, scrape again until fluffy.
- Leave as is to make a granita or puree in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy to make sorbet.
- 1 cup cranberries fresh or frozen
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- In a medium saucepan bring cranberries, cider and sugar to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to simmer and cover, careful to avoid popping cranberries, until cranberries have pop and mixture reduces slightly.
- Process in a food processor or blender until smooth and strain through a large mesh strainer into large measuring cup. Add additional apple cider to measure 4 cups of liquid total.
- Pour into a shallow baking dish and freeze for 2 hours, then scrape into little icy pieces with a fork.
- Cover and continue freezing until set, at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Break up again with a fork to make a cranberry apple granita. Or transfer to a food processor to puree until smooth to make sorbet.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refreeze until ready to serve. Tightly cover remaining sorbet and return to freezer for up to 2 months.
Shop this post
Please note: ONE armed MAMA is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and these customized links, provided by Amazon, track the referrals to their website for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.