Cranberry Apple Mimosa Floats a delicious seasonal champagne cocktail that’s like dessert and after-dinner-drink in one!
Bring pink champagne cocktails into the cool weather season! With this recipe for both seasonal cranberry apple sorbet and an easy mimosa float you’ll be ready for the upcoming holiday season.
Pink champagne in the winter
Move over strawberries, bubbly has found a new perfect match. And it’s a bouncy bog berry! Cranberry’s beautiful pink color and tart sweet flavor go so well with bubbly champagne and what better way to combine them than with a grown-up float!
- Cranberry Apple Cider Sorbet (recipe below!) – Taking advantage of the gorgeous red-pink cranberries and fresh-pressed apple cider hitting shelves this time of year this easy recipe takes a summertime favorite and brings it into winter. It takes a bit of time to chill in the freezer but there’s really not much hands-on work involved. Of course, you can make these Cranberry Champagne Cocktails year-round using frozen cranberries and apple juice. Or whip up sorbet champagne cocktails in seconds using store bought sorbet.
- Champagne – or any other bubbly beverage like kombucha, sparkling cider or club soda.
Step by step instructions
- Simmer cranberries, apple cider and sugar until combined into a sweet cranberry sauce.
- Puree and strain sauce then place in a shallow freezer safe dish and place in freezer.
- When lightly slushy, after a couple hours, break up using forks and return to freezer.
- Once totally frozen, after another couple hours, scrape again until fluffy.
- Leave as is to make a granita or puree in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy to make sorbet.
- Place in various champagne flutes and glasses and top with bubbly champagne.
Make ahead cocktails
- If serving to a crowd prevent a melted mess by pre-scooping sorbet into glasses up to 24 hours in advance. Cover lightly with plastic wrap place in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Or make it a large batch cocktail punch. Freeze scoops of homemade sorbet before the event. Then simply pour a few bottles of bubbly in a large pitcher or punch bowl and gently add the sorbet. Garnish with fresh cranberries and thinly sliced apple rings to let guests know what to expect. P.s – keep a bottle of chilled vodka nearby for guests.
Make it your own
- To make it a mocktail switch out the sparkling wine for sparkling cider, club soda or even kombucha for a bubbly sorbet float without alcohol. I’m a huge fan of unique float flavors and this seasonal version would be so unexpected and fun to serve either as a palette cleanser or dessert on Thanksgiving. Or, simply eat the Cranberry Apple Cider Sorbet straight with a spoon as a light, gluten and dairy free dessert any time of year!
- To increase the alcohol content make it more like a classic champagne cocktail and add an ounce or two of vodka, gin or St Germain Elderflower Liquor to the glass before pouring the bubbly.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 ½ cups apple cider
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 750 ml champagne chilled
- In a medium saucepan bring cranberries, cider and sugar to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to simmer and cover, careful to avoid popping cranberries, until cranberries have pop and mixture reduces slightly.
- Process in a food processor or blender until smooth and strain through a large mesh strainer into large measuring cup. Add additional apple cider to measure 4 cups of liquid total.
- Pour into a shallow baking dish and freeze for 2 hours, then scrape into little icy pieces with a fork.
- Cover and continue freezing until set, at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Break up again with a fork to make a cranberry apple granita. Or transfer to a food processor to puree until smooth to make sorbet.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refreeze until ready to serve. Makes one quart.
- When ready to serve scoop sorbet into serving glasses and top with champagne.
- Tightly cover remaining sorbet and return to freezer for up to 2 months.
Shop this post
Please note: ONE armed MAMA is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and these customized links, provided by Amazon, track the referrals to their website for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.