Loaded Bacon Bagel Sandwich a simple breakfast with endless possibilities for customization!
And, for me, these fluffy creamy toasted bagels hold a bit of nostalgia and family memories as well. I mean, all the best things are childhood throwbacks full of carbs and cheese and bacon, are they not?
Breakfast with Mom
Simply store – bought toasted bagels slathered with cream cheese. Mom used to always throw a few pieces of bacon in between and there’s just something about the contrast of cool cream cheese and crisp, salty bacon that makes them irresistible.
To me, anyway. The first time I served these to my husband who, I found out that day, despises cream cheese. And really isn’t a fan of bagels, either. I mean, who knew? There really are people out there who can resist carbs and dairy with bacon. And I married one of them.
Customize Your Bacon Bagel Sandwiches
I know prefer to take my Bacon Bagel Sandwiches up a notch and include some of my other favorite things inside. Sprouts, sauerkraut (or kimchi), fresh herbs, chili flakes, marinated onions, avocado slices, whatever! Really, if it’s in my fridge and could go on a sandwich chances are I’ve put it on a bagel with bacon.
How to Make a Bacon Bagel Sandwich
Brown bacon, toast bagel, choose condiments, assemble. enjoyyyyy
- 1 large plain bagel toasted
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 slices bacon cooked
- 1/4 medium avocado thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sauerkraut or kimchi (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- sprinkle red chili flakes
- Toast bagel and smear each side with cream cheese. Top bottom half with sauerkraut, fresh cilantro and an even layer of avocado slices. Sprinkle with red chili flakes and add the top bagel. Press down lightly.