This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #JackLinksDad #CollectiveBias
This Let’s Adventure Man Crate is filled to the brim with all sorts of outdoor goodies! And with this easy tutorial you can customize it for all the men in your life.
Why should women have all the subscription box fun? Let the guys in on the action with this step by step tutorial for making diy man crates – the perfect Father’s day gift for adventurous dads!
Father’s Day 2019
Father’s Day is 3 weeks away (Sunday, June 16th this year!). But unlike my husband, who usually stops by the grocery store before he comes home on Mother’s Day for my gift, I like to put some forethought into my gifting. Just kidding, honey! (kind of ?)
Honestly, I’m just a major planner and putting things off to the last-minute stresses me out BIG TIME. But I also find Father’s Day to be the most difficult holiday to shop for. Probably because all the ‘pops’ in my life have everything they hearts desire. And if there happens to be something that comes up more times than not they buy it for themselves before I have a chance to.
So usually I search Pinterest for some cutesy-craft for the kids to make. Only to spend a week coercing them in an attempt to prevent doing it myself with their signatures on the card. Which is typically what happens. So this year I switched it up and got the hubs in on the upscale gift box action while also giving a nod to one of our family values – outdoor adventuring.
A Let’s Adventure DIY Man Crate Father’s Day Gift Basket with everything an outdoor-loving dad needs to be fully caffeinated and fueled through any adventure he’s thrown into.
Adventuring is a Family Value
My husband and I both really love adventuring outdoors. Before the kids any chance we could get we’d go on hiking dates, beach picnics and camping vacations. And not much has changed. From quick weekday family hikes, kayaks and bike rides. To longer camping trips, fishing weekends and clam digs we’re still outdoors every chance we get. Because the great outdoors is where we connect and create lifelong memories.
Placing the beach + woods + mountains in a cute little package is out of the picture, of course. But gifting the supplies he needs to take his family on an outdoor adventure isn’t! Because, really, there’s no greater gift than time together.
Let’s Adventure DIY Man Crate Gift Basket
Curating impressive gift boxes is so fun and easy when you go into it with a theme and color scheme in mind. Plus shopping at Target and target.com doesn’t hurt either. Every department at Target is consistently filled with well designed, affordable, super irresistible items. Last time I was there the Father’s day display in the Men’s Department was filled with all sorts of fabulous Father’s day gift ideas. Including Jack Links® Beef Jerky.
I began with Jack Links Beef Jerky since my husband always reaches for this portable protein-packed snack first whether he’s packing for a hike, hunting, fishing, camping or just being prepared on a Tuesday in case he gets hungry on the way to work. I grabbed a variety of great flavors – Original, Teriyaki and Peppered Beef and they had even more inventive flavors, too! By the way, if there isn’t a huge stock on the Father’s Day display head over to the snack aisle where there’s a jerky section will all sorts of flavor and size options.
Once I had the Jack Links, I simply found other outdoor must-haves in similar colors to the packages – red, orange, yellow and grey.
From now until June 16th save 10% off Jack Links® at Target with Cartwheel! Perfect excuse to go on a Target-run for 100% real beef Jack Links to create your own custom father’s day gift crate!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- A box or vessel of some variety – bonus points for using a vessel that can also be used on an outdoor adventure. I chose this metal crate because we don’t need any more cast-iron cookware, survival backpacks, bucket hats or coolers around my house, but these are all great options
- Something to line the vessel – wool blanket, flannel shirt or beach towel
- Jack Links 2.85oz. Original Beef Jerky
- Jack Links 2.85oz. Teriyaki Beef Jerky
- Jack Links 2.85oz. Peppered Beef Jerky
- Coffee press and mugs
- First aid kit
- Fire sticks
- 4 in 1 camping hatchet or multi-tool folding knife
- Wood dice – or other portable game like cards, etc.
- Father’s Day Card with a Father’s Day quote or a simple ‘let’s adventure’ to pull it all together
- Ribbon or a bow
For more ideas check out the online men’s father’s day gift guides on target.com. Organized by interest and easily filtered you’ll have no problem designing the perfect custom gift crate just for the father in your life.
HOW TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- To begin, unwrap all the items and discard any stickers or tags for a clean, cohesive look
- Line the basket with wool blanket scrunching it up a bit more in the back then the front.
- Place taller items in the back, and the smaller items in the front. If you find you need a little extra height, scrunch up the blanket more in some areas or add height with scrunched up newspaper.
- Tuck in a ‘let’s adventure’ note or Father’s Day card front and center
- Tie a simple black and white ribbon around the entire thing
- Get outdoors and adventure together!