Peppermint Mocha Irish Cream Liqueur is an updated version of classic Homemade Baileys Irish Cream with rich chocolate and a hint of peppermint.
Makes a great homemade gift that can be served over ice, drizzled in a hot cup of coffee as Irish coffee, or swirled into a glass of cold brew. And a batch makes enough to gift and to keep!
A deliciously fun homemade holiday gift
Easy whip up and package in decorative bottles, store in the fridge and have on hand whenever the need for a gift arises, homemade Irish Cream is my favorite thing to make over the holidays. But this year I decided to make it even more festive with rich chocolate and a hint of peppermint.
How to make Peppermint Mocha Irish Cream
This homemade liqueur is quick and easy to whip up in a blender, food processor or by hand. And since it’s homemade you can customize it to be as weak or as strong as you wish.
- heavy cream
- instant espresso – Starbucks Via are my favorite!
- sweetened condensed milk
- chocolate syrup
- peppermint essential oil – a drop or two is all you need to add fresh minty flavor. Or, substitute peppermint extract.
- whatever whiskey you have or the cheapest you can find. There’s really no sense in wasting a top-shelf spirit when you are going to be mixing it with all these other extremely delicious ingredients.
Step by step instructions
- pour all irish cream ingredients except whiskey into the food processor or blender
- blend until combined. Or make without any extra electronic devices by whisking eggs in a large bowl then stirring in remaining ingredients by hand until combined.
- whisk in desired amount of whiskey – anything from 1-2 cups is fine. or you can make a low proof version with just a 1/4 cup of whiskey for flavor.
- Pour into lidded glass containers – save up bottles and jars over the year to reuse like Frappuccino bottles, flip top kombucha bottles and more!
- store refrigerated up to two months
Peppermint Mocha Irish Cream Liqueur recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint essential oil or substitute 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 cups whiskey
- Place all ingredients, expect whiskey, into blender or food processor.
- Blend until combined.
- Stir in whiskey.
- Pour into jars and store, refrigerated, up to 2 months.
Shop this post
please note: ONE armed MAMA is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and these customized links, provided by Amazon, track the referrals to their website for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.