The Jolly Ole Christmas Cocktail is festive without being over-the-top. Light and fruity with just the right amount of red and green holiday cheer!
A mix between a mojito (without all the muddling), a vodka-cran and a vodka soda. Because everything’s better with bubbly, especially the holidays!
A cranberry Christmas cocktail
Fresh cranberry juice, mint, a fruit and herb infused simple syrup, chilled vodka and sparkling water is exactly the refreshing and light drink I’m really looking for after a week of eggnog and sugar-rich celebrations!
Save the cookies and milk and instead set out a glass (or two!) of these light and refreshing cocktails out for Santa and he will be a Jolly Ole Man, for sure!
Looking for more refreshing and festive holiday beverages? Check out my Cranberry Moscow Mule, Cranberry Paloma Punch, Cranberry Apple Sorbet Champagne Float, and The Ginger Sparkler Champagne Cocktail!
How to make a Jolly Ole
Christmas cocktail ingredients
- cranberry juice
- vodka – or feel free to substitute gin, rum, whiskey or tequila!
- fresh lime
- fresh mint
- club soda or sparkling water
- cranberry mint simple syrup – made from sugar, water, fresh cranberries and fresh mint
Step by step instructions
- Make cranberry mint simple syrup – simmer sugar, water, fresh cranberries and mint until the cranberries pop and the flavors meld, strain and store refrigerated until ready to use.
- In a tall shaker filled with ice pour vodka, lime juice, cranberry juice and bar syrup.
- Shake to chill.
- Pour into tall glass.
- Top with soda water and garnish as desired with mint leave, fresh lime wheels or wedges and cranberries.
The Jolly Ole Christmas cocktail recipe
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 1 ounce vodka
- 2 tablespoons lime juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 ounce cranberry simple syrup
- fresh lime and mint for garnish
Cranberry Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves packed
- Make simple syrup. In a small saucepan combine sugar, water, cranberries and mint and simmer, uncovered, until cranberries pop and release their color and flavor, about 5 minutes. Strain into a glass jar and cool to room temperature then refrigerate until ready to use up to 1 month.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice add vodka, cranberry juice, lime juice and bar syrup.
- Shake to chill then pour into a tall glass.
- Top with soda and garnish with mint leaves and lime wheels.
shop this post
please note: ONE armed MAMA is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and these customized links, provided by Amazon, track the referrals to their website for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.