Garlic Lemon Shrimp Scampi
Quick and easy shrimp scampi, sautéed with onions and garlic in butter, olive oil, and white wine, tossed with red pepper flakes, lemon, tomatoes, and parsley.
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 16 ounces dried pasta spaghetti, fettuccine, angel hair, etc 1 box
- 1 pound shrimp raw, large (21-25 count), shelled and de-veined, (if you want, keep the tail on for an attractive presentation)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot or 1/4 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped, about 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 large lemon (about 2 tablespoons lemon juice + 1 Tbsp zest)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- black pepper to taste
Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water, stir to make sure it separates; cover. Return to boil and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving up to a cup of pasta cooking water.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil. Once shimmering and hot, season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add to the hot pan in a single layer.
Allow shrimp to sear and sit for about 1 minute before stirring then saute until just cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a plate and reserve.
Reduce heat to medium then add shallots to the skillet and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes (if using). When garlic is fragrant, after about 1 minute, add the lemon juice and white wine and raise the heat to high. Let the liquid reduce for 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in the butter a bit of the reserved cooking water then return the shrimp.
Remove from heat, mix in fresh herbs, lemon zest, and cooked pasta. Stir well, top with tomatoes and parmesan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 306mg | Sodium: 1034mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 575IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 252mg | Iron: 3mg